{instagram}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

8/21/12

Boston in a Day

Most everyone knows I'm from Pawtucket, RI, born just outside Boston in Norwood, Massachusetts. I've seen Boston many a time, though not in recent years, but this was the first time Adam had ever been. We're hoping to plan a New England trip again in the coming years. One where he and I can explore and see old friends in Rhode Island, where I lived, danced, went to school. Maybe get extra touristy and watch the leaves change. ;) We had a day to explore until we needed to be back at the airport for our flight home and we made the most of it. 
Union Oyster House with my sweet.
We had another amazing meal, this time at the Union Oyster House, the oldest restaurant in America. Lobster, clams, oyster, chowder. YUM!! Maeve was seated next to my mom and kept trying to pet her lunch. Hilarious. 
Trying to pet the lobster like a doggie.
After lunched we walked over to Faneuil Hall to explore the shops, street performers and the Freedom Trail.  We gathered up a few souvenirs too: a beer stein for Adam, and a "future Harvard freshman" romper for Maeve. Right in front of Faneuil Hall is the statue of Sam Adams, and not far to his left is the park bench where my dad proposed to my mom after a Neil Diamond concert. 
Mom & Dad, married 27 years this February.

Adam and me in front of Sam Adams at Faneuil Hall.
We are big tour fans. Ghost tours, historic tours, brewery tours...had we had more time we would have loved to take one of the Freedom Trail, but instead we speed walked a third of it. We made it to the airport in the nick of time too, and Maeve was an exhausting handful while we were parked on the tarmac for 30min. 
My two favorite people! Our sweet wiggle-worm was full of loud (but happy) shrieks on the plane.
Thank goodness Adam was there because I felt like my arms couldn't hold her squirmy self any longer. As stressful as flying to my parents with her at eight weeks was, even with help this was a lot harder. Not gonna lie, we're both a little terrified of what it's going to be like when we fly to Hawaii at Christmas. Luckily, she gave up pretty quickly in flight and made for a peaceful ride home, sleeping in Adam's lap.

Landing in DFW at 10:30pm she was sound asleep.

No comments: