{instagram}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

7/1/13

Nana

 
Hi!! Remember us? The "O"s? I apologize for popping my head up for a brief "hello", and then promptly disappearing again! 

Life.Has.Been.Crazy.

My nana has been in the hospital for about nine weeks now; the majority of her time has been in the ICU. She had a heart attack, and her body became septic. At one point she coded twice. May and June have been really, really hard for my family. My parents were there at the time, and my mother has stayed on. She too is sick from treatment she's receiving, and is now trying to manage my grandmother's recovery & my pappy's every day life with help from her brothers. I haven't felt like updating.  Writing about days at the zoo and Mother's Day Out when we're suffering such wounds in our hearts seemed wrong and off-putting. But, she's doing better, continually turning corners and continuing to give us hope. She is also one for us to keep living, and loving on she & Pappy's "Little Red". Each week Maeve and I have made videos to send, taken many, many pictures and mailed some fancy finger paintings off to Hawaii in the hopes of letting them know how much we love them. I suppose it also helps us in some way; letting us feel like we're doing something beyond our prayers of healing.  As if each Maevey smile and squeaky "I love you, Nana-Pappy" I record will pour out into the doctor's healing hands and further power them to heal. 

My Nana & Pappy at our visit last year.
Nana playing on the floor with her great-granddaughter.  
Mother's Day last year. Four Fisher woman.
If you would please include my Nana in your prayers. Prayers that she continues to heal and strengthen, and that she will not lose her twinkly eyes. I love her too much for that. 

No comments: