{instagram}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

8/15/09

Post-Mongolia

So....since making it through the 30+ hours of travel back from Mongolia, I have had no luck beating the jet-lag blues. Perhaps some Ambien would have been a good thing...I have been using the 'NyQuil' approach, but am having trouble staying asleep through the night. Today I couldn't fall asleep until 8am (yes) and woke up at 4pm. Blerg!

Sadly enough...I find myself missing Mongolia. Or our experience there. I feel a little hollow and purpose-less without a daily agenda and 15 other people to share it with. *shrug* Odd. I really, really want to go back and make it some semi-regular part of my life. Somehow.

I've been a lot quieter since getting back. (this is truly shocking) I've felt like blogging, and reading, and journaling....sitting in silence and thinking. I finally called my mother today, but other than that the only person I've felt like talking to is Adam. Maybe because I don't want to break the trip's spell?

My house in little Mexico has never seemed so glamorous and inviting as after this venture to Mongolia---with tiny hard beds, bad water, lack of plumbing, lack of electricity, and no Adam! My bed has been a wondrous hideaway for my aching, confused body these past days...trying to figure out "what time is it?" and "where am I?".

I am happy to be home. Very happy. But, I miss Mongolia.

Don't tell.
PK

No comments: