{instagram}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

12/9/10

Thanksgiving 2010


Continuing our "Cousins Thanksgiving" tradition, we celebrated our holiday of thanks with our cousins Shannon & Kyle for the third year in a row. Last year was the first in Oklahoma, with the addition of a baby Meg. This year it was even more exciting with Meg at an active 15 months and our first races on Thanksgiving day! Next year should prove to be even more interesting since the VanHeests will be up to a family of 4! Thanksgiving started very early for us all this year.

Edmond had its first ever Turkey Trot, where you could either do the 1 mile family "wobble", like Shannon, Kyle & Meg did, or you could participate in the 5k race as Adam & I did!

This was my first race of the year, with my goal being the OKC Half-Marathon in May, and Adam participated for support. It was 28* and we were running into a 15mph N wind half the race, but it was TOTALLY worth it! I was nearly in tears when we finished. Partially because of my hip, ha, and partially because I couldn't believe I'd just run a race, and I loved it! We headed home together, full of smiles and encouragement, ready to start the rest of our day together--which mainly consisted of Shannon & me in the kitchen, although Adam did make our fabulous main dish. We changed up the traditional meal this year, since Adam and I are eating fish, but no longer meat, and it was all wonderful.

We had artichoke dip, stuffed mushrooms, and cheese to snack on through the day, and dinner was full of salmon, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn pudding, mushroom stuffing, and wild rice! For dessert there was pumpkin cheesecake, buttermilk pie, and a wonderful apple cobbler. YUM! We spent our time talking, chasing Meg, watching the dogs play, puzzling, and watching Jim Carrey's "How the Grinch Stole Christmas". We had hobo dinners with Thanksgiving dinners, listened to Kyle play carols on his guitar, skyped all of our parents, and laughed.


It was lovely. The weekend went by incredibly fast, but it was a great one. We all thought, and spoke, on what we had to be grateful, and there was a lot to say. The one repeated was, family.

Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

soooo...can I just copy your beautiful post right onto my blog??? :)

Kaitlin said...

hahaha, love and miss you!