{instagram}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

12/5/11

Thanksgiving 2011

For Thanksgiving Adam, the bean and I headed over to Oklahoma as we have these past three years and celebrated with my cousin Shannon (read more and see more about our Thanksgiving on her BlogHer blog) and her family. The first Thanksgiving we spent together was at my parents in 2008, after Adam and I got married. By the next year my parents were back in DC and we've been headed to Oklahoma ever since! There's no telling what our plans will become next year, Shannon's family is moving on to Texas (WOOT!) so hopefully we're able to continue things here in the Lone Star State.
Our grandmother passed away the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, so it felt safe to be with another of Granio's girls the week of her passing. I've been avoiding thinking of her too much, though now that I'm here in DC it's a challenge. I find myself in tears after looking at my Dad for too long. Time in Oklahoma though was fun and surprisingly relaxing. Full of giggly excitement from 2yr old Meg and coos and cries from the two redheaded babes, just 12wks apart.
Our hands were full, but so were our tummies. Yummy food, storytelling, meandering walks, real time with our husbands and SO much pie! I love the holidays. As they develop and pass I find myself wondering what it will be like when the girls are older and running around together, when Maeve is helping me bake in the kitchen, when there is more than just one "O" baby.
Through everything, life is sweet.

No comments: