{instagram}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

4/27/11

Baby 001-17.5wks

Today, we had our first appointment in 4 weeks with Dr.Autry. Adam had to miss the last one, so this was the first time he got to actually hear the heartbeat, and the second time for me. I have to admit, that while I'm excited for these appointments, I become irrationally nervous too. For example, when they take my pregnancy test at the beginning of each appointment I wiggle around anxiously thinking "What if it comes back negative? What if I'm not pregnant anymore? What if that's why I haven't felt sick the last two days?!" Thankfully, it seems these worries are for nothing, and I am given momentary relief until it is time to stand on the scale, my born enemy. By the time we get to our room, and it is announced they'll be doing an ultrasound or doppler, I hold my breath until I can see baby, or hear that little heartbeat. I'm always frantic it won't be there. Today was no exception. It was a treat, however, to hear just how strong and quick baby's heart was beating, like a quick little drum. It makes me smile, it was even better to turn to Adam and see his concentrated face as he smiles... I am dying with excitement to find out whether 001 is a little boy or a little girl, and we've got to wait almost 19 days!!! ACK!!! The problem was, they didn't have an appointment that would work for us and be very soon anyhow, and since my mom & dad are visiting in 2weeks...I figured it would be more fun for her to be there with us and thus picked a later date. The question is, how will I EVER make it that long?

No comments: