{instagram}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

12/28/12

Happy Holidays

Merry Christmas from the "O" Family
Adam, Kaitlin, & Maeve


Our year has been a busy whirlwind of activity; so busy we didn't even write a letter!
 But a quick update about our family would be to say: 
Adam spent the last fifteen months recruiting for a staffing company in the DFW area and just made the move to an internal HR recruiter for a nearby company. He will be working across the street from his good friend Mitchell--they already have weekly lunch plans lined up. He is brewing more than ever---Half-Bath Brewery is going strong! As I type this, he is writing up a very complex recipe to try when we get home; a Smoking Dubbel Barrel. His brewing means our fridge is always full of new concoctions (we never arrive at parties or dinners empty-handed), friends are always piling into our tiny town home to brew, bottle and taste-test, and our downstairs half-bath is barely accessible as his equipment multiplies with each passing holiday! 
Maeve is a walker and a talker. Ever our "do-it-myself-thank-you" girl, she is quick to run off and do things on her own so long as she can see us trailing behind. She's been walking (and quickly there-after running) since shortly after her first birthday and has been talking non-stop since as well. She has recently begun saying "bless you" when you (or the dog, she's not picky) sneeze or cough, likes to tell you food is "delicious!" and will periodically announce "I LOVE you!". Though, admittedly, it sounds more like "I lob twchoo" She is in love with our Boston Terrier, Dutchess and is convinced they are soul mates  We constantly find her in Dutchess's bed reading books with her, trying to pick her up and giving her hugs and kisses. She also loves reading and copying just about anything Adam & I do; especially pushing the cart at the grocery store. One day (in the far, far future) she'll make a great big sister, no doubt. 
And then there is me! I continue to stay home with Maeve and have also been teaching ballet for my own dance program, Wonderfully Made Dance since last May. I teach three days a week, and have students ranging from pre-school through adult and I LOVE it!! I am so enjoying sharing the passion of my heart with friends and strangers alike and seeing them really learn, grow and fall in love with ballet too! If you're ever in DFW and want to give plies a try....well, you know where to find me! 

Happy Holidays & Happy New Year from The "O"s!
 We wish you love, luck and happiness in 2013! 

No comments: