{instagram}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

4/16/13

Dancing Queens

Several of my teenage students for Wonderfully Made Dance are also on their high school's color guard team. After football season is through, these girls and their teams compete in a series of shows: group, ensemble and solo. One of my sweet girls, Madison, asked me to choreograph her solo for competition, and I was both thrilled and humbled! This particular competition is for a grade, and will decide whether or not they letter for the year.
Eep! 
Some of my favorite dancers!
I've had the music on around the house most of our days and, fortunately, Maeve LOVES it! She's begun singing snippets (in her own way) and when the music comes to a close will ask, "'gen? 'gen?" Thursday night, after dinner, Maeve suddenly climbed out of her chair and began dancing to the solo music. Plies upon plies, and light twirls! Once I pulled out my camera she slowed down quite a bit, but kept going with some coaxing. When I stopped taking video, Adam re-started the music and we girls went dancing in the living room. That sweet baby girl made my year!!! Ohhh to see her love dancing is one of the best!!!  You'll have to forgive my very loud Mama voice, I was holding the camera right by my face. 


Maddie let me take a video of one of our rehearsals awhile back, which I plan to post here. Her piece is dance, saber and flag; the latter of which she is marking in rehearsals. I am so proud of this girl!
 First year of dance, and first year of color guard! Gooo Maddie!!!


No comments: