{instagram}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

4/23/13

Our Overpasses Are Cooler Than Yours

Play dates are one of the best parts of being a stay-at-home mom. Your children get to see other kiddos, run around, and explore all while you catch up on the daily ins and outs with your friends. It makes me feel more like my pre-baby self to share an afternoon with another mama, and maybe a coffee or croissant. 
(Oh Central Market how you make the best play dates!!) 
Playing in some of the fountains that are scattered through the park. 
Yesterday Maeve and I trekked out to Dallas to see my friend, and Mongolia roomie, Jenny & her little bit Haven. Don't judge, but we've only been able to see them once since Miss H came along. I know, I know! You'd be amazed how far away everything seems in the same metro-plex!! Haven was a quiet, wide eyed observer most of our time, a tiny thing just like her mama and daddy! Maeve, on the other hand, ran around like a crazy woman and downed most of the sno-cone I had planned on us sharing. We met up at Klyde Warren Park in Dallas and it is SO neat! They built this huge park on top of an overpass in the middle of downtown. Fountains are everywhere, a futuristic playground, book and newspaper carts, pianos and food trucks---AWESOME! What is not so awesome is that it's fairly new, and so are its tiny baby trees. There was practically no shade to hide little people under; especially little people who are too small still for sunscreen. 
The lunching ladies. Look how TINY that sweet girl is!
The children's playground.
The company and the park were a blast and I had to literally pry Maeve up from the water when our meter was about to run out. AND we even made it home in time for naps! Yippee!! It's funny, I so often feel like I have no idea what I'm doing, that I know no more than I did when Maeve first came along. Being around a new little girly-whirly reminded me--we're not there anymore. Sure, we're learning new things about each other, and battling new battles, but the newness of it all has changed and I like to think I'll feel a little more confident with my next baby when the time comes along. To remember I basically camped out most of the first year. I was overwhelmed when we would tackle play dates before she hit about a year. I am thoroughly impressed Jenny!! You go Mama! 
She really tried to climb this. Really, really. *sigh*
Mondays can often be the roughest day for us, with looooooong weekends and a day back to 'normal' but this was a beautiful way to start the week. So glad we got to see you Proffitt girls!!! 

No comments: