{instagram}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

10/1/11

Introducing Maeve Kathleen


Last night, September 30th, we ushered our sweet baby girl into the world. Maeve Kathleen O'Connell-Owens was born at 7:30pm, weighing 8lbs 2oz and 20in long. She has hazel eyes and the reddest hair!! I feel like I could stare at her forever and snuggle her always. As tired as I am, my adrenaline is still so high I feel like I need some outlet for my time while this little Maevey Bean slumbers in her bassinet beside my hospital bed. Between key strokes I have to turn and admire her a little more, and smile as she occasionally sighs and lifts both her legs at the same
time in her swaddled sleep. I adore her already, and Adam is completely smitten.

But how could you not be, when your sweet girl looks like this:
While today I did get a shower in, I have yet to venture into the land of makeup and still look like a pregnant, puffy mess. So, the only picture we have of Maeve and me is right after she was born. Since we're among friends, I will share it here. You can really see her red hair well in it.

Life could not be anymore beautiful.

No comments: