{instagram}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

10/18/11

Learnin' to be Mama

It feels strange that Maeve has been here with us already for 18 days, and we've been home together for 15! We really struggled initially with nursing, but these last 5 days we seem to have found our rhythm. We've not needed to trick her into nursing with the syringe, or finger feed since last Thursday; and instead of becoming angrier when I get ready to nurse now seems to calm down and relax when she knows that's what's about to happen. Further evidence of her knew adjustment to nursing, at her appointment last week, Maeve had already jumped to 8lbs 15oz in not quite two weeks! That's right, she's becoming a little chunky munk, her O'Connell genes shining right through.

(I'm hoping by writing this I don't in fact jinx us...)
I managed to talk my mom into extending her stay, and am worriedly looking towards her departure Saturday. I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do without her help once she's gone!

Read: I don't feel very qualified to do this on 'my own.'

But for now we're spending our time nursing, snuggling and napping. Occasionally sneaking out of the house for a midwife or pediatrician appointment.

I know I'm biased, but just look at this little cutie!

1 comment:

The Stolle Family said...

You look beautiful and so very happy. Yay for your amazing feeding skills, I am super jealous ... super super jealous. Keep up the awesome work!