{instagram}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

10/25/11

Your Daily Bean

Yesterday was the first day of just Mama and Maeve. This weekend, with Adam's help, I was able to catch up on some sleep during the day, but it still did not quite prepare me for our Monday. Maeve did well after her first two feedings, but come 11am she was done. Exhausted, she hit meltdown city. For two hours, every time I got her to settle and finally dared lay her down, she woke up sobbing after no more than 5 minutes! Why did I let my mother go home?! Not knowing what else to do, I put her in the car and we drove around town for about 30minutes. Wrongly assuming that did the trick, I took our slumbering babe upstairs, set her carseat in our cool dark room, shut the door....and heard crazing wailing.

*SIGH*

Did I mention I have no idea what I'm doing? The answer came when I finally just laid down and snuggled my little Maevey Bean, and off she drifted. Oh. It's that easy? Unfortunately since she over-exhausted herself, she had no interest in eating and then kept us up until the wee hours; mad, hungry, tired and with a much greater will than either of her parents.

Today she's sleeping soundly. A little too soundly... Now, in my growing fear and paranoia surrounding these little bit, I wonder, "Will she be up all night? What's the price I'll have to pay for a midday nap?" Goodness, at least she's a snuggly, loveable night owl.

My chimpunk cheeked girl, once she finally gave in.
Mushroom Maeve in her new pjs and hat Adam found for her. Look at those long fingers!!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh, she is getting so big. STOP, time, slow down! :)

Kaitlin said...

I know! Sunday she'll be a MONTH!! Trying to soak up every minute!

Jenny said...

Aaaahhh! A month?! How is that possible?? I need to come see her pronto!! (oh, and you too ;) hehe)