{instagram}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

10/28/11

The Merry Month of Maeve

Today marks a solid month since our baby girl's birth. It seems unbelievable that so much time has passed since we went from a couple to a family of three. In these last four weeks we've seen her change and grow before our eyes; losing much of her newborn looks and wail, beginning to "coo" and "ahh", having her first bath, and winning over many of our friends and family.

The bean at a day old.
The bean at 4wks
At a month old....
The bean likes to be snuggled to sleep in our bed. She loves her wubby and to be swaddled, anytime of day. She prefers to be held in your arms or the wrap rather than watch the world from her swing. She falls asleep in the car, on walks and while she eats and she sleeps through just about anything!

My little boppy sleeper.
Some days I look at her and immediately am drawn to thoughts of our last 24hrs as two. Our precious time in the hospital, hours creeping by, full of quiet wonders and speculation. I was in pain, I was elated, I was nervous, I was antsy, I was crying, I was laughing, I felt so alive. I don't know that I've ever felt more love for Adam than I did that night. There is something unbelievable romantic about knowing the person you've committed your life to is standing by your side, loving you through this incredibly hard thing; a marathon event with the ultimate prize you created together and both get to share in.

Our new family.
Life is amazing, and I wouldn't change it for a thing.

No comments: