{instagram}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

10/22/11

Saying Goodbye

Today was the day I'd been trying for weeks to pretend wasn't coming. Today we put my Mom on an airplane back to Virginia. My mom flew into DFW the day my water broke, having anticipated a few days time together, maybe even a week before baby came. Instead, as you all know, Maeve made her appearance the next night. Originally she was supposed to leave the following week, and we pushed it a week. Then...we pushed it another week. Three weeks in all, I don't know what I'll do without her! It was wonderful to have the guidance, company and care. I will miss the calm reassurance and loving time spent with my mom, and Maeve will miss those extra snuggles and grandmother love.

Come back soon Mom!!!

Maevey Bean 3wks old

Maeve and Mama 3wks old

three generations of O'Connell women

No comments: