{instagram}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

1/3/12

Dinner Visits

Sheila Johnson has been my father's second mother since he was fourteen years old. I have memories of her, and her late husband Ross, spanning the last twenty-something years of my life. Ross helping me make everyone cards on their home pc when I was five or six, Sheila gentley reminding me to say "excuse me" when wanting to speak with my mom and dad during adult dinners, visits to their island in the Adirondacks while at our lake house. I've always enjoyed warm hugs and funny stories, especially of my dad's youth.

The first Friday of our visit there we all tromped over to Falls Church and were able to enjoy sweet company and introduce Miss Maeve and Sheila. Dinner was wonderful, and the company was even better. Sheila pulled out pictures and stories of the Johnson family and dad of the past. With so much sadness having woven its way through our family in the previous weeks it was good to laugh.

Sheila and Miss Maeve

Dad, Sheila, Maeve and Mama

Maeve and Mama

Grandad showcasing his baby sleeper skills.

Originally, with this post, I had hoped to share a picture of Sheila and myself when I was about six months old. BUT, I left my memory books (books Granio compiled for us kids with pictures, mementos, etc) at my parents for them to ship home. So, next time then.

No comments: