{instagram}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

1/8/12

The Cliche New Years Resolution Post


I know it's cliche to do a post on New Year's resolutions, and worse to post about it a week after the New Year BUT I have a three month old. So sue me. ;)

In thinking about what I want to commit to for 2012 I've considered; what I regret about 2011, what I appreciated and am proud of from 2011, what I want for my family and my daughter, who I aspire to become and what it will take to become that woman.

So, my New Years Resolutions are as follows:

1. Live everyday consciously, choosing to be the heroine of my own story and living to be an example for my daughter. As Adam says, "if you're not living, you're dying."

2. Become connected with a volunteer organization such as Junior Women's Club, Volunteer America, etc. I'm not setting any amount of goal hours just yet because Maeve is still small and our schedule can be pretty unpredictable. I feel like it's important for me to infuse myself in our community and find a way to give back. Loving the world is being a part of the kingdom, and I don't feel like I'm very good at this. The last time I was really involved with volunteerism was high school through the symphony, ballet and nursing homes. I grew up watching my mother and her friends give back to our community through Junior League on a weekly basis and I aspire to follow her example.

3. Run a Half-Marathon! This was a goal of mine last year that was pushed aside due to doctor's orders with my pregnancy. I'm giving myself all the way until next December to meet this goal, and until the end of May to pick my half-marathon. Running for me has been a new and fun outlet over the last year, as well as great exercise. Considering I still have a third of my baby weight to lose, I feel like I have even greater motivation to meet this goal. So far I've done several 5ks and two 10ks, and I'm due to run my first race (a 5k) in a year next month.

There.

There are other goals I have lingering in the back of my mind, other things I feel half-committed to, but for now I think this is a good stopping point. An achievable, do-able list of goals for this year.

2012
Can you believe it?

No comments: