{instagram}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

1/2/12

Let's Try This Again

Our second shot at flying to DC was a success. I was up on time, we arrived on time, and for the most part it went smoothly.

Oh, except for security. I am convinced hell is going through security alone with an 8wk old baby. Thankfully a dad behind me stepped in to help as I tried to collapse strollers, take off shoes, pull out liquids and laptop all while juggling Maeve. Yuck. I was so worried about inconveniencing those behind me I began to sweat and get the shakes again. I'm sure it was a lovely sight. :)

Maeve did great on the flights. Our first, OKC to Newark she slept from the get-go. When we landed, we hit the bathroom and while I washed my hands my sweet girl was full of coos and smiles. A fellow hand washer leaned over and exclaimed "Oh she loves you! Just look at how she smiles at you!!!"

Melt my heart! It's one thing to look at your babe and know she loves you, it's quite another to have a complete stranger see the love bubbling over from her to you and point it out. It was a first. :) Unfortunately, that's where the happy love ended and Maeve demanded to be held while I pushed the stroller one handed from one end of Newark to another. Three kind gentleman pointed out that it would be so much easier for me to navigate if I could bring myself to put down my sweet baby. Really? My, where would this silly little mother be without the guidance of wise, older men!? I had never putting her in her car seat except...oh yes, we quit that because she was turning purple and screaming. But thank you for the help anyhow kind sirs.

And while nursing in the airport did not go well (read: we flashed a guy my brother's age and cried because we were too distracted), the little old ladies in the gift shop who told me I looked amazing for having an 8wk old baby and fawned over Maeve, holding her while I paid for my bottles of water made me feel quite wonderful. God was dropping little golden moments of happiness to get me through our travels.

Again, once aboard our last leg, we had a little whine and then poof: this is how we landed in Baltimore.

No comments: