{instagram}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

3/31/11

Hark! A Heartbeat!!

So at our last two appointments, one with the doctor and one with the ultrasound tech, we were able to see "Baby OO1" bouncing around, and see the pulsating heart beat. We had our 13.5 wk appointment yesterday, and it was great! Not only did I get a z-pack for my sinus infection (hah) but we got to HEAR the heartbeat. I didn't realize we were doing that this week, and have to admit I was nervous when Dr.Autry announced what he was about to do, and there was no noise for the first few seconds. I'm pretty sure I was holding my breathe and looked panicked, as he told me after a second, "Sometimes we just have to search a minute is all." All of a sudden, there it was. That strong, loud wooshing noise. Bizarre and completely beautiful. Friends, I think I may be in love... :) There was a lot of static, as if someone was blowing into a microphone and the doctor simply said, "Well that's good, static means baby is moving around...and yours is dancing about it seems."

4 comments:

Megan said...

I didn't know you hadn't heard the heartbeat yet. I misread the "saw" in the last posts for "heard". The heartbeat is amazing and the swooshing is so calming to me. How awesome!!

Shannon said...

Love those dancing babies! :)

Megan said...

Why do those bump and baby center updates make us feel so horrible?! Stupid "guidelines" when no two people are the same. I don't have any work pants, so I might just break some rules and wear my thanksgiving pants anyway. Oh... do you feel like your hoo haaa and your crack are going to show? I have on my full panel pants and I feel like my bits are hanging out?! What gives!

Kaitlin said...

Not with my full-panels, which I am in complete love with! I had no idea how uncomfortable the 'fat' pants truly were until I switched to true prego-pants. Half panel on the other hand...should have heeded advice and avoided them all together!