{instagram}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

3/3/11

Cowtown 10k 9wks Pregnant

Last weekend we sped up to Fort Worth to spend the weekend with some of our dear friends and to make it to my second 10k, the Cowtown. Being 9wks pregnant, I was a little less then thrilled at the idea of running, but have really wanted to stick to my pre-pregnancy goals. Adam has been awesome, offering to go running with me, and cheering me on at the races. After this last race, he even flattered me, telling me how much he enjoyed going to my races and seeing me so focused. (his words, not mine!) Well, if I was looking for extra motivation this last race (I have been feeling less then stellar) I got it through my good friends who made matching race shirts & hats. My nickname back in DFW is PK (for Princess Kaitlin), there are people who don't even know my real name I'm introduced that way so often! (again, they gave me the nickname, I didn't create it!) The shirts and hats had a tiara and ivy surrounding PK and on the back of the shirts it read "Cowtown 2011" with the longhorn. :) It made my weekend and I was so so so excited to race in it! My time wasn't stellar, but not too bad either, 80min to go 6.4mi. My time was better in January, but given how little I ran since then due to snow and general yuck, and being pregnant I gave myself a gold star! The pictures aren't too flattering, and my weight gain is very apparent, but I'll share them anyhow! Happy Running!!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I think you look great! I certainly couldn't run a 10K even if I wasn't pregnant! :) - Proud of you!