{instagram}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

6/22/11

Another Day Another Documentary

Adam and I have been spending the evenings these last few weeks taking turns picking documentaries. My main kick, not surprisingly, has been pregnancy/birth related. Last fall on a visit to my frousin Shannon's we watched "The Business of Being Born." I think I've seen it five times since. It is aaaaamazing, and totally moving without the flood of pregnancy hormones, it really strikes me now. Last night was my turn to pick again, and after watching Adam's pick of "Bruce Lee: A Warrior's Journey" on Monday, I wanted something a little more emotional. (Because what's movie night without some tears right?) My pick, "Pregnant in America" was really good. It didn't have the same kind of production quality or heart as "The Business of Being Born", but it was really moving. Basically it's a father/film maker recording he and his wife's journey with their first born and exploring what birth in America is like versus the rest of the world. You should really give one of them a look (but if you'll only watch one, watch "The Business of Being Born".)

Others we've found pretty interesting lately:

What about you? Any documentary suggestions?

2 comments:

Shannon said...

ooooh! I love pregnant in america, too! I may have to rewatch it now!

When kyle and I pick documentaries it's always between war movies and social justice movies - hehe

p.s. I just today realized that I have no pics with my girls...how did that happen? haha - you're right I need to get with it!

Jenny said...

I agree! The Business of Being Born was great! Confirmed some things I was already thinking/feeling, and opened my eyes to a whole lot more. Allllmost watched Pregnant in America and then didn't - maybe I will now! "King Corn" and "Tapped" are two that I can think of off the top of my head - I really liked them. Especially Tapped. Happy watching! :)