{instagram}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

6/15/11

Feeling the Mommy Takeover

It happened. Today I broke down and bought...a nursing bra.

I hadn't ever even thought of getting to this point but my friends, when you're a busty individual like some ladies (hint, like me) and you are left at 6mo pregnant with only one bra that kind of sort of works, and by works I mean can still hold most of you in place but creates that unpleasant back-fat look and you tend to spill over top at the wrong angle....it's time to accept that you've gone from busty to outrageously chesty. There was a book my friends and I read as teens called "Angus, Thongs & Full Frontal Snogging". In the book, the lead character is a busty girl and is challenged by her friend to see if she can hold a pencil with her "nunga-nungas", only to discover she can hold an entire pencil case. I could probably safely hold my future infant underneath my enormous "nunga-nungas" these days. What scares me even more is the fact that they're not done! I've got months to go, and then they'll swell again once I begin to nurse. Sweet Mercy!

I had been told by several friends that they had been pleased with Target's nursing bra selection, so I tried several on and settled on a sports-bra looking comfy bit with thin straps so I could still where it under normal tops. Yes, I went with comfy. Who are we fooling people? I want comfy, and to be confident it will fit. Plus, I was getting frustrated trying on multiple sizes with no clear indication of which size I really needed now because I've clearly outgrown my 38DD (no, that's not a typo, that's pre-pregnancy, understand my panic now?!) At the end of the day I settled on the Basics Bravado, size XL.

*SIGH*

2 comments:

The Stolle Family said...

I have to admit... I LAUGHED VERY LOUD... OUT LOUD at your nunga nungas! HAHAHAHAHA thank you for sharing your ups and downs :) I cannot say that I will ever have your issue, but I empathize (is that the word I want to use?) with the problem you have been confronted with. Hang in there... or don't hang in there ;)

Shannon said...

I ditto Megan - Kaitlin, you are hilarious! Did you know, I never went back from nursing bras after Meg...is that bad? Maybe this time around I'll actually wean the baby before getting pregnant again! haha! :)