{instagram}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

6/27/11

Turtle-Turtle...

*Sigh* I almost hesitate to write this next post for fear you'll misunderstand and think I view my animals as disposable or not true family members.

I am listed on freecycle amarillo and regularly get the emails that come streaming through their message board. If you're not connected to freecycle, well first of all you should be, and secondly the idea is people list things they are giving away for free, or in search of. The idea is to create less unnecessary spending and waste. Reduce, Reuse Recycle-right? They run the gamut from "ISO: Baby Girl Clothes" to "FREE: Bird Feed."
Yesterday, one came through that caught my attention:
"Our family is looking for a sweet, grown cat. One that prefers to go between indoors and outdoors. Thanks!"

For this to mean something to you, you need to know several things.
1) We have an outdoor (previously indoor for 3yrs) cat named Turtle
2) We were planning on taking her with us should we move, and hoping she'd adjust to being outdoors in a busy city at an apartment complex.
3) NO ONE ever wants a grown cat. EVER. People always want kittens because they're cute, but this couple (upon conversation) didn't want to worry about a baby and took into account people that might have older cats they were having trouble re-homing.
So, not thinking I'd get a response I sent a picture of Turtle and told the woman, "We have a small 3yr old cat Turtle. She is spayed, has her shots and is quite sweet. She happens to be an indoor/outdoor cat. Would you be interested in meeting her?"

Today I get the following response:
"So cute! We are very interested in meeting Turtle, when would be a good time?"

WHOA. Maybe I'm over thinking all this, as I'm known to do...but for us it seems yet another sign of affirmation in our considerations and plans to move forward towards personal goals. (Yes, I'm being a little cryptic, I want to wait until I feel confident about everything before sharing with the world...) Finding a home for Widget (possibly) and Turtle within 24hrs? Car woes miraculously gone, prayers being answered/listened to, affirmation from authority, open and readiness to take the path we want, should we choose.

Why then is it so scary? Ah, because I'm a control freak and if there's one thing missing from leaps of faith, it's control. I've been praying "Give Me Peace." Liking mantras, I've begun to add the following cliche to my day: "Let Go and Let God."

If only it were that easy.

No comments: