{instagram}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

6/9/11

Bagel Penicillin

Today I was enjoying my super yummy 'everything' bagel. It was a little too toasted, but I made up for it by burying it in cream cheese. I noticed a funky smell, kind of sweet and sour while I was toasting my bagel, but couldn't spot it and figured the nearby trash might need to go out. Awhile later I decided to enjoy a second bagel treat (don't judge me, I'm pregnant!) and smelled the same gross smell. I happened to look at the bagel I was separating and notice a white fuzzy film around most of the bottom bagel...and all the rest of the bagels in the bag. Yes, I ate an entire moldy, fuzzy, smelly bagel and didn't even notice! *Shudder*

Needless to say I through all the bagels away, tried not to vomit, and ate two containers of yogurt. About thirty minutes later came the stomach cramps and slight nausea. I'm not sure how much of it was mental and how much was a pure physical reaction to the consumed science experiment, but either way it kind of took the sunshine out of my day.

My thoughtful husband sent me this in response to my horrified e-mail:
"The baby wanted mold for breakfast, but there was only one way to trick you into eating it..."

No comments: