{instagram}

{old news}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

7/27/11

30/31wk Appt

Today was our "30wks and 4 days" appointment. Not surprising, since we had a hospital visit last week, all is well with our baby girl. I'm still measuring on target, and am pleased to announce that in the last three weeks I managed to gain only three pounds. YAY! (This should clue you in to just how much and how often I've been gaining...) Our girl's heartbeat was around 142, and she politely kicked the Doppler microphone while our midwife was trying to get readings.

More blood work to be done tomorrow, and I have the delightful task of completing a 24hr urine for them as well. For those of you who have not had the pleasure of doing one of these before, basically you carry an orange jug around for 24hrs to use when you go to the bathroom. It's delightful. All this is to monitor my kidney function and tomorrow's blood work is for my liver enzymes as well as to do a followup on my thyroid. (They've upped my medication, again.) Because of my colorful medical chart I am at greater risk for pre-eclampsia, so they want to make sure they have a baseline for me in case I begin to show signs of pre-eclampsia they'll know what's normal for me, and what lab results are something to worry about.

It's exciting knowing we've entered the "every two weeks" phase of our midwife appointments, and my next appointment with the perinatologist is on the 16th, but following that appointment I'll be going every week. While those appointments are to monitor baby's health (and mine), who wouldn't want to see their precious babe every week?!

No comments: