{instagram}

{old news}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

7/11/11

And it's done. I can think of few things worse then moving 7mo pregnant. Several words to describe me of late are:

exhausted
overwhelmed
emotionally unstable
cry-baby
cranky
pained
overwhelmed (oh, did I already list that? hmmm)

Really, for me at least, the whole process has been pretty painless. We found a place we LOVE, Adam received a call for another interview this Thursday, I had my first appointment with the midwives, we went to our church Sunday and we had a ton of friends volunteer to help get us into our new place with the promise of pizza, cold drinks and camaraderie. However, it wouldn't be an O'Connell-Owens adventure without some bumps in the road...

Friday we signed our lease and took a few car loads over....and then the Accord died...on highway 10...at 1:30am...and we were running on 5hrs of sleep. Thankfully USAA comes with roadside assistance and we were able to get the car towed to our new home for free.

Saturday, when we went to pick up our truck we had reserved earlier in the week they told us it wasn't there. That is, they told us it wasn't there after we waited in the lobby for help for 25min while they chatted in the break room, despite our calls for help. Not only was the truck not there, but it wouldn't be there for us for another 3hrs...meanwhile everyone had shown up at our friends house where our stuff was stored....So, while the first Uhaul lady (at a private lot, not a corporate Uhaul store) told us no trucks were available, I was able to call an actual Uhaul location and secure a truck. Yay wasting an hour and a half! Needless to say, I cried. A lot. I should note this is the same location that charged us for an extra day when we turned in our original Uhaul...Thankfully Adam called Uhaul corporate and they refunded the company's original flub, and then gave us $50 for our missing truck situation.

Today we found out that Adam's check, which is normally handed to him was mailed to our old address, despite them having our new one. What does this mean? Oh, just that our next paycheck we had budgeted around may not show up in Euless for two weeks depending on the mail forwarding speed....Que a meltdown in Dunkin Donuts.

That's Adam's existence right now, trying to calm down a blubbering, swollen, fat, pregnant woman. My sciatic nerve is killing me, my pelvic bone occasionally feels like it's being ground, and I am so overwhelmed at the prospect of unpacking I keep opening boxes, waddling back to the couch and crying. And all I want is a margarita. A big, icy, salty margarita.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to pretend there are no boxes and go to the pool.

1 comment:

The Stolle Family said...

:) I would give you a hug, but my arms don't stretch that far! :)