{instagram}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

9/15/11

37wk Appointments

This week between the perinatalogist and midwives we know:

001 is DEFINATELY an O'Connell babe, she's measuring 7lbs 4oz which is a full pound more than most babies at this point, and a pound more than Adam at 40wks.

She is projected at 40wks to be between 9 and 10 pounds and about 23in! While it may come as a surprise to others, no one in my family is even blinking. My brother and I were well over 9lbs, my Dad was a 10lb baby, and my frousin's girls were 9 and 10lbs. We grow 'em big an Irish over here!

My perinatalogist this week jokingly asked "Is this your first baby? Are you trying to set some kind of record?!" He also mentioned, "I mean, if you've ever considered taking up smoking now might be the time...." :)

001 has continued to drop, and her heart rate has settled on a low 130. Other than that there are no signs of any impending labor.

I am at a 1, but I was last week too and there has otherwise been no progress. Today the midwives stripped my membranes "a little" with no expectation of my body being ready for labor, but with the hopes that "since this baby would clearly be just fine if she was born now" that maybe I'd have some great progress over the week. That was at 8:45am, and I have had some contractions today but they've been too inconsistent and short to get excited about. In fact, typing this I realize the last one was hours ago. No signs of baby :(

This was the first week in my entire pregnancy that I have gained no weight! Sounds silly? At 85lbs weight gain (gee, thanks thyroid) I will take what I can get!

I know being at almost 38wks (Saturday) doesn't mean much, and it could still be several weeks, but gosh I would like to be done and on the other side of this! Adam's birthday is Monday and he keeps asking 001 to come then, the ultimate birthday present! If she does in fact come closer to her due date, October 2nd, she'll be an early gift to us for our third anniversary, which would be pretty neat.

No comments: