{instagram}

{old news}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

8/12/11

Baby Face

On days like today I find myself dreaming during an afternoon nap of what our sweet girl will look like. I was born with nearly jet black hair, Adam platinum blonde, and most of our family is somewhere in between. She's already measuring about a week ahead; will she be a 9lb baby like her mama or even a 10lb baby like her Grandad and cousin Allie V? We know she's ahead in growth for now, but will she be a tall girl like me, or a petite thing like her grandmothers? Will her skin be fair and creamy like mine, or will she be able to tan like the Fishers and many Owens?

At the moment I have no pictures of Adam and I in our first weeks, but I do have the following pictures at several months from the wedding slide show that never was. :) My mind can go on forever trying to mesh the two images into a new person and I can never seem to really envision her. Can you imagine that from the beginning of her life God knew exactly what she would look like and she's already the perfect combination of us. Amazing to consider...

Baby Adam: Daddy

Baby Kaitlin: Mama

2 comments:

Shannon said...

She's gonna be a beauty, for sure!

P.S. I think my girls resemble your baby picture a little...good thing we're related! :)

Kaitlin said...

Thank you. :) I can see Meggie's curls and that fair O'Connell skin is pretty undeniable...Maybe our girl will come out with red curls ;)