{instagram}

{old news}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

8/6/11

Bigger & Better-aka 8 Months

Today marks week 32 in the 40wk pregnancy adventure! Month 8! We've made it!

Changes in the last few weeks:
  • 001 has begun kicking and punching simultaneously on opposite sides of my body, making me feel as though my stomach is going to pop from being to small for her energetic body
  • Occasional 'jumps' from our wee one can be noted from the outside as my whole stomach heaves with her
  • While I initially celebrated my low-lying girl and felt sympathy for friends who long ago had feet in the ribs, we have recently joined the club. My right ribcage seems to be the resting place for our girl's foot, particularly felt in the evenings and sometimes making it a little harder to breathe.
  • I feel full. Full of baby, full of food, but I'm hungrier now then I have been most of the pregnancy. Ironically, my weight gain has slowed down.
  • We're keeping on keeping on with our Bradley Method exercises, which sometimes feel like fat-lady torture. ;)
  • Remember the maternity bra I bought about two months ago? Yea, it hardly fits. It was the largest size they had in the sports bra style at Target.
  • 001's peachy nursery stands ready to receive her. There are little piles of clothes on the changing table to be washed and a clock to be fixed, but it feels so cozy to walk by.
Tuesday marks our next appointment with the midwives, and our next ultrasound with the perinatologist is the following Wednesday. Hopefully I'll have more baby pictures to share!

No comments: