{instagram}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

5/24/11

Doctor Says...

Today was our 21.5 wk appointment. According to our lab and ultrasound, Dr. Autry informed us that 001 is looking pretty good! Her risks for the genetic screening were low enough not to matter, and from the ultrasound all appeared as perfect as it could. I may have mentioned earlier that we could count her five little fingers and five little toes (at least on one hand and one foot).

The medical center we use is part of Texas Tech's teaching hospital, so there are often medical students coming in during our appointments. Today was no exception, and a sweet young lady was a part of our visit. What made today a little more unusual was that she came in ahead of
Dr. Autry to ask me questions, measure my pelvis to the top of my uterus and measure baby's heartbeat. All was well until she went hunting for the heartbeat. After several minutes of static and finding my heartbeat twice, Adam kindly told her where he had seen them successfully find baby's heartbeat at previous appointments. Me thinks he pointed it out more to end my panicked looks then to aid the medical student, after she left the room he said "the moment she said she was going to search for the heartbeat I was like 'oh great, and she has no idea what she's doing, Kaitlin's going to freak out'" (Have I mentioned how much I love that he can anticipate my emotions?) PS: Her little heartbeat was up from the ultrasound from 156 to 159.

In scale tipping news....while I will not disclose my weight gain thus far, it is not looking good so far as to how hard I'm going to have to work to get it all off. I've decided to believe my sweet husband who tells me I don't look nearly as big as the scale says, but oh! To go in today and see I've gained 8lbs in the last month!!! My thyroid was a problem we had gotten under control before getting pregnant, but my entire pregnancy every time we do a lab, it comes back that the medication I'm on is not keeping up with my thyroid dysfunction. Today was no exception, and I received a call from my nurse that we'd be increasing my thyroid medication again to try and get my thyroid working like it should. Thankfully he has told me he has no concerns at this point about my weight gain. In two weeks I get to go in for my RH shot--"YAY!" which I attempted to explain to Adam today only to read up on later and realize I had no idea what I was talking about. Woops. :)

Funny how doctor's visits, which are normally something to avoid, can become something you enjoy and look forward to. It's nice to have good news about our little sweet!

No comments: