{instagram}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

5/31/11

Ballerina Baby-22wks

I LOVE holiday weekends. Any kind of holiday weekend. Really, any kind of holiday. This weekend was especially relaxing (despite the 107* heat) because a family friend had expiring Marriott points and gave them to us for a stay-cation! Yay for not making the bed & picking up! Yay for not worrying about dogs! Yay for not having to make breakfast! Yay for big fluffy beds & cable! Needless to say, even though we were still in Amarillo, it was a relaxing break for the two of us. We watched movies on tv, ran some fun errands around town, enjoyed breakfast outside, took luxurious naps, slept in and stayed up late talking. We had our weekly date night, enjoying dinner out & Pirates of the Carri bean in 3D. (totally worth it ps)

To make our weekend even more exciting....
These last few weeks I've been experiencing all sorts of weird and sometimes tingly, pressure and sensation. None of it painful, though sometimes uncomfortable. I haven't really been able to distinguish what's going on and one google search of my feelings even turned back "Braxton Hicks"...hmmm.... I was having similar sensations Monday morning and instinctively reached down and BOOM there was baby kicking (or something) at me! BOOM, BOOM! I quickly grabbed Adam's hand and put it on my belly-BOOM BOOM BOOM. I asked "That's definitely not my heartbeat is it?" (Sad that I needed clarification for something so obvious, but it seemed so impossible and unreal!) Then as suddenly as she started, she stopped. I spent the rest of yesterday hunting for her kicks and punches, but couldn't feel any. Although, in my bath last night she did two swift rolls which delivered the oddest sensation I've ever felt! Even today I've sat patiently, hoping to feel her, and an hour ago she made herself known...for about two minutes. Such excitement! One mother-friend of mine warned, "Soon you'll just wish she'd stop so you could get some rest!" In the meantime though I can't help but wish to feel her constantly, in love and amused by her tiny ballerina movements.

It occurred to me that I haven't posted a 'proper' baby bump picture in some time, so Adam took a few of me this weekend. (none of which I was crazy about, but oh well) Here are Baby 001 and Mama at 22wks (5.5mo)


I never got around to posting the outfits I got for 001 when my mom and I went shopping, and Adam and I snagged some jammies & two dresses this weekend as well. Out of their sheer cute factor, I feel compelled to post. I am sure this will just get worse as time goes on!

Two More Seersucker Dresses for 001

3-6mo Outfits for 001
(mostly purchased with my mom the day we found out the sex)


Sweet Lil' PJs


PS: I had to get the green long sleeved onesie out of amusement, "Peas on Earth, but NOT on my plate." No telling if her palate will be much like her Mama's but I've never been one for peas, and plan on being understanding! ;)

No comments: