{instagram}


Wonderfully Made Dance
Powered by Blogger.

5/20/11

A GIRL! A GIRL!

It's official! Baby 001 is a tiny, little lady! Measuring at 10oz and with a heartbeat at 156, our little girl is 19 weeks away! We scheduled our ultrasound for when my parents would be in town so we could treat Mom to joining us as a belated Mother's Day present. It was so much fun to have her in there with us!! Our ultrasound was very patient, and appreciated how badly we wanted to know which was lucky because little lady is a modest gal. The ultrasound tech jostled my tummy to try and urge baby to move around, then had me roll on my side for awhile, finally she had to ask me to go to the bathroom and try jumping up and down to "make baby angry enough to move." You see, our dear girl had delicately crossed her ankles and pulled up her knees as to make it impossible to tell if baby was a she or a he! (As Adam said, "Our baby is stubborn? Well there's a shock...") The jumping seemed to work and we were able to get a few snapshots of proof that we are indeed having a little lady!

I have admitted from the start that I would much rather our first baby be a little girl, I just don't fancy myself a good mother for boys and I was so overjoyed to hear that we'll have our little girl! I had teary eyes when she told us, "Look, that's definitely a little girl!" and could hear the smile in Adam's voice as he said just "Awesome" and laughed. My mom was excited too, and while we were still in the room started talking about Sak's Baby Burberry and Rothschild Coats! Obviously after a celebratory lunch Mom & I had to go shopping for little lady, and bought as much pink outfits and smocked dresses as our little basket could hold!

Weeks before baby's reveal, I had fallen in love with some VERY girly bedding and felt
compelled to buy it. I held off, even though I just had a feeling that baby was a lady. Sure enough, Tuesday night found Adam and I picking up the baby bedding I had been admiring for weeks and we set it up in little lady's crib last night.

Little Lady's Crib


Inside the Crib: Bumpers & Sheet

PS: For those of you we promised a video of the ultrasound, the tech told us that Texas Tech would no longer allow video in the ultrasound rooms but we promise to upload pictures of little lady later

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Beautiful! I love the green and pink together - so feminine and perfect for a special little lady. Doesn't having the bedding set up make everything seem so much more REAL? I'm excited to see the ultrasound pictures. :) :) Love you!

Kaitlin said...

It does! We put her mobile up yesterday, and set out the matching pillows and blanket. Now it feels both as though I'll have to wait forever to meet here, and that any day we'll have a daughter living in there!